Thursday, November 30, 2006

Tarzan, London and Su En

And so I spent my first Thanksgiving ever! Time with cousins and Wil, THE dude was great. Amazing how we all hit it off.-I guess this is what they call group chemistry. Most of my trips have been with Candice in the past three years in the UK. And the recent trip reminded me of two trips: One was Austria with Peich,Guan,Chang,ChangYong and the other was Isle of Man with Davyd, June and Mark.Both trips were marked with much laughter, the magic of hols:going to new places with company that u enjoy.
And this time,

I really enjoyed....

-sharing one bed with ling and wei! our late night chats....the record was till 5am!haha.
-Wilson and his philosophical questions and him half sleep talking
-walking around blurry eyed while doing midnight shopping and being so amused at myself for shopping at an obscene hour....!ha. the jam along the highway. who can forget our utter amazement? as we saw the row of lights lined up....as we approached nearer. horror, amazement. rude drivers, impatience, fatigue mixed with excitement, anticipation. an experience in itself.
-meeting Jess the QUeen for lunch and egg tarts. Had a wonderful catch up and i am resigned to the fact that Jen and her are going to see much more of each other over the next few years, while the two of them are ONLY coming to visit me in Singapore when ....I get married, they tell me.
-meeting Leon, Kelvin, Ken and Leon's childhood friend, Dennis.

And so, while watching Tarzan, it reminded me of student life back in London, which wasn't that long ago!haha. I mean, I was still there a few months ago, studying for finals( like what I'm doing now) Anyways, watching Tarzan not only reminded me about London, it made me miss it!haha. Watching musicals was one of our favourite things in London, all those student discounts! Remember watching Woman in White with Shar and Su en, and three of us loved " I believe my heart.....it believes in youuu"and so, it just made me realise that life in London as a student was something that was of the past. Something, a phase that I would not return to. Kinda bittersweet. Someone once told me everything on hindsight is always sweeter. Cos you're not in the mundane grind of things, but recollection functions by selectively remembering what's golden and good, such that what remains is a fond memory of untainted enjoyment. It's the same person who told me that I have selective memory.

In any case, i wasn't sad to leave London this time partly cos I was busy packing (the other jaslim from MIC if ever u read this will remember the panic i went through) and also cos I had lived it well, fulfilled most of the things i wanted to do and most importantly, spent time wtih precious people that I didn't shove aside due to work.

But I guess missing isn't a bad thing. It's human.

And to top it all up, yesterday, while trying to revise atBarnes and Nobles, Su En rang and like old times, we talked and talked and talked. haha. All those late night MIC nights. Roman Holidays, Audrey Hepburn, me falling asleep on ur white rug which i copied and bought, shortbread, instant noodles, dirtying ur cushion with my chocolate fingers, marks and spencer goodies....HA.

My pastor said once, at the end of it all, life is about relationships.

It's simple. cliche sounding? but

I can't agree more. i couldn't agree more.

And so, I thank God for the people in my life.
in the daily grind of life,
it's love that uplifts weariness,
that helps to quicken dragging feet, adding a spring to one's step.

with the stress and fears,
love comforts and strengthens.

and the greatest love of all,
is found in the story of One who gave up His life for me.

I dont' always feel it. somedays, those feelings run low....
but i thank God that even as my love is not constant, His is,
as stable as the line one sees gazing far out into the horizon.

off for japanese class!=)

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I believe my heart, it believes in you :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger jasmine said...

=}its telling me that what I see is completely true.
do u have the song on ur comp dear?
i want!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Qiuwei said...

i love u

12:51 PM  
Blogger jasmine said...

*blush*
hee, truth is....
i do too.=}

12:55 PM  
Blogger fattybombom said...

how true......at the end of it all, life is about relationships. =) hope i dun ever forget that

1:34 PM  
Blogger jasmine said...

=}u shant forget that bro!!!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

i don't have.. wish i did!
but its in my head!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home